Re: 6 cyl - triple Weber Manifold

To: Liebetreu@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 cyl - triple Weber Manifold
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 23:26:53 -0400
Mr Liebetreu-

Jeez, I hate it when they don't sign their email...

Just what manifold do you really have ? You state that it will fit a pre '72.
You then say 2 liter and 2.5 liter, since these manifolds are not
interchangeable, I (I assume others) am confused. What did this manifold come
off of ? ( The 2 liter motor has the same port spacing as the POST 72 TR6,
but the TR6 manifold will not clear the hood on a GT6) Or, did the manifold
come off of a GT6+, which has the lower front carb mounting to clear the
hood, in which case it would bolt up to the later TR6, although with an odd
appearance

Certainly sir, you are not one of those TVR interlopers posing as a Triumph
owner here on this list, just to steal our "secret stuff" ? <G>
If indeed this setup came from one of those weird TVR 2500 (non M) things,
then it will indeed fit any pre '72 TR6, but not any of the GT6 cars (don't
know about any other 2 liter cars of this vintage...)

Who put that TVR in my garage ?
             Nick in Nor Cal