Re:Spitfire Transmission Troubles

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Spitfire Transmission Troubles
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 19:08:19 -0400
Encoding: 16 TEXT
Thanks for all the suggestions regarding my transmission troubles. I've
purchased the rebuilt O/D tranny. I attempted to install it last weekend,
of course I have my share of problems: First after getting the spline to
line up and getting half of the bell housing bolts back in I went to attach
the slave cylinder and quess what? The little shaft that is attached to the
yolk was trapped behind the bell housing. I'm sure I'm the first person on
the planet that has ever had that happen. :-}  Well I got that corrected
and then went to install the 38 inch used drive shaft I bought, this is the
dimension that the John Kipping catalog says is needed (the non O/D shaft
is 41.25 inches). Quess what? It did not fit!!! I measured the distance
between the diff flange and the tranny flange and get 37.5 inches. Arghhh!!
I bought that drive shaft for about the price that I would haveto pay to
have the old one shortened, now I have to have one shortened anyway. Isn't
this fun!! Actually I can't wait to get the O/D tranny in and working.