Re: your mail

To: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com>
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 07:48:34 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Andrew Linkens wrote:

> Hi guys,
>       Just a quick question about the removal of underseal from the underbody
> of my Triumph. I've found several areas where water has been trapped behind
>the

        Regardless of the method you try to remove undercoating it's gonna
        involve a certain amount of effort and time. I used a propane torch to
        soften the stuff, and a 2" paint scraper to scrape it off. It's not
        ideal (ideal would be getting someone to do it for you... for free),
        but it gets the job done... Sometimes there are no easy answers...

        BTW wear your grubbiest jeans and t-shirt, have a trash can and fire
        extinguisher handy (as in right there). It goes reasonably quickly
        once you get the feel for it.

        Tally-Ho!

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois