Re: TR4 Fuel Pump- How to?

To: Bitparts@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Fuel Pump- How to?
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:11:58 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 22 Aug 1996 Bitparts@aol.com wrote:

> Finally had my 63 TR4 on the road after four years.  Was running well until
> the fuel pump kicked out.  The sediment bowl had a good 3/4 inch of sediment.
>  Cleaned that out and nursed the car home.  The pump is still not pumping
> enough fuel.  Question.  Should I start by taking the top of the pump off or
> should I remove the whole thing.  The workshop manuel is very sketchy on fuel
> pumps.  About all it has is a drawing of one.

        I would look at the entire fuel system. If there's goo in pump bowl,
        There's probably goo in the line and elsewhere.

        TOH rebuilding the fuel pump is no biggie... TRF has the kit...
        You can redo it in less than an hour with the pump still attached
        to the engine block... BT, DT... Just be careful to get the right
        valve button in the right hole.

        Good luck!

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois