intermittent shorts

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: intermittent shorts
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Aug 96 16:06:59 EDT
>The first time it blew, I replaced it with my spare, and it got me home, but
>when I took a look it showed signs of heat, and (molten) solder had
>dripped out of one end.  The next (short) trip it survived, but this morning
>it blew again.

That sounds more like a very slight case of overload to me. If you had an
honest-to-goodness short that fuse would blow immediately. That it is
slow to do so makes it sound like too much of a load on the circuit. Especially
since it tends to blow when you're using the brakes. Have you replaced /
added any lights lately?

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY