79 Spit `As is, make offer'

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: 79 Spit `As is, make offer'
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 14:54:52 -0400
Fellow Motorheads,

This car appeared just down the road from me (West Milton, Ohio) and has
been pulled out of 10-yr storage and parked in a front yard with a sign
showing a phone # and the `As is..make offer'.  Owner believes it's a
1500;  no overdrive;  ran when parked;  50,000 miles showing;  MUCH RUST
visible all around, owner sez "quit driving it after battery fell thru big
rust hole" in body;  top raggedy, tan interior probably home to mice.

That should be enough for now, my first reaction was $100. parts car.
Good title; looks to be complete car,  NOW how much would you pay?

Call before midnight tonight!! Operators standing by!! Not sold in stores!!
Free set of Steak Knives for the first 50 callers...wait, wrong ad;

Spitfar owners, I'd like Your Humble Opinions on how much to offer.
Thank you,
Tom Tweed
TR-250
SW Ohio