Novice TR6er

To: Triumph Listserv <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Novice TR6er
From: "James R. Lloyd" <jrlloyd@caverns.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 15:19:56 -0600
Having spent numerous years with MGs and Healeys I have now entered the
world of Triumph (TR6) ..and know very little about them.

Im brand spankin new to this mail list so I have a question that I hope
someone can answer..

According to the Moss Motors parts catalog compared to My TR6 (November
73) it has what appears to be a vacuum system set up {with a few peices
missing) indicative of the 74s..., was this done to TR6s at the end of
73 or has my TR possibly been played with (replaced engine or borrowed
parts from 74,etc) ?

Another question..MOSS Motors does not appear to have a couple of
specific vacuum system parts that i need to rebuild the vacuum system in
my TR6 ...specifically the thermostatic vacuum valve and the T shaped
adaptor (inline with the cooling system from radiator TO block) that it
connects to.

If anyone out there has any alternate source for these parts or has a
"wrecker" that thier parting out that has what im looking for with Id
appreciate it if youd drop me a "email"

Regards,
James R. Lloyd