Re: Follow up: Spitfire coil

To: b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu
Subject: Re: Follow up: Spitfire coil
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 14:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> > Given that the above worked and that your car runs ok, I'm inclined to
> > say that your car is fine, and that the man at the test place just didn't
> > have a clue what he was doing.
>
> I appreciate your assistance; but I don't think so. [SNIP]
>                                                                Could you
> help me by telling me what I should find/how I can test the wires from
> the negative side of the coil. Thanks, brent

  Well, I haven't got my schematics with me here at work, but I'll check it
when I get home.  My guess is that the negative side of the coil should run
right to ground, so as long as you read a constant 12V between it and the
battery, it's ok.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation