Re: Tun signal problem - elp pl <QQbbwo28755.199608081332@re

To: "Scott Dinhofer" <dinhofer@concorde-group.com>
Subject: Re: Tun signal problem - elp pl <QQbbwo28755.199608081332@relay5.UU.NET>
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 13:26:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
"Scott Dinhofer" wrote:

> Tun signal problem - elp please

> on my '76 TR-6 my right turn signal is working fine. When I turn it on
> for the left the indicator light on the dash just stays solid, doesn't
> blink. What does this usually mean the problem is?

This usually means that one of the bulbs for the left turn signal is burnt
out.

In electrical terms (no, I'm not using any water illustrations this time)
this means there is an open circuit in one of the left turn bulbs.  This
could be caused by a burnt out bulb, a missing bulb, a broken wire, bad
connections on the wires (loose or corroded), or a bad ground return (bulb
socket loose in body, or corroded).

My vote is for a burnt out bulb.

--ken
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |
PO Box 868                  | Voice: (603) 885-9604
Nashua, NH 03061            | Fax:   (603) 885-0631