Re: Uniroyal Redlines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: Uniroyal Redlines
From: LARRY.DAVIS@ccmail.arnold.af.mil
Date: 08 Aug 96 10:28:10 -0500
Alternate-recipient: Prohibited
Autoforwarded: FALSE
Conversion: Allowed
Conversion-with-loss: Allowed
Delivery-date: 08 Aug 96 10:28:10 -0500
X400-content-type: P2-1984
X400-mts-identifier: [/PRMD=aedc/ADMD= /C=us;XGW-960808103657-0700-11192]
X400-originator: LARRY.DAVIS@ccmail.arnold.af.mil
X400-recipients: triumphs@autox.team.net
X400-recipients: CMaster808@aol.com
>I'm trying to remember,and you have brought it up, but weren't the Tiger
>Paws also in red lines????

>Chet

Mine were bought in 1987 and are blackwalls.  It seems that I remember
Uniroyal making some redline tires in the late 60s and early 70s.

The original tires on my car were Goodyear G800 size 185-15 that were a
redline tire.  I replaced them with some 185-15 Gates tires that were a
whiteline tire.  I bought a red tire paint stick from Pep Boys and turned
these into redlines. They used to sell these sticks to touch up raised
letter tires.  I think that someone on the list mentioned that a tire
dealer near them could put redlines on tires or make a redline replica.  I
used to have a tire groover that we used to groove the tread on some high
floatation tires we used on our dune buggy.  It was like a "U" shaped hot
iron if I remember correctly.  Anyway, something like that could be used to
put a groove in the sidewall, then all you would have to do is color the
groove red.  A few years ago, I think that a tire dealer in Chattanooga
advertised non-Michelin redline tires in British Car magazine.  They
specialized in antique tires.  I believe the dealer's name was Coker.

Larry Davis
Tullahoma, TN
1969 TR6