Spitfire Oil Pump numbers

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Oil Pump numbers
From: cwnicholls@juno.com (Clark W Nicholls)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 21:30:38 PST
Can a TKC1975 oil pump (listed for Spitfire 1500 and Midget 1500) be used
in a 1968 Spitfire 1300 engine (which is very similar to the 1196 engines
and had back then the same oil pump) ??

TRF lists a TKC1974 for the 1500 after engine FM59899 and  reccomends
217058 before that.  But remember what I have is an early 1300 type (not
the block that evolved into the 1500).

VB only lists 2 pumps, straight arm (62-74) and curved arm (75-80).

AE part number POL 739 for M.G. / TRIUMPH   AE122 OP7 45 437 (whatever
that means) is on the AE sticker on the box.

Aonther sticker TKC1975 Oil pump, Engine H 18-07

I'm possibly going to pull the pan, and would like to use this pump if
applicable.  I don't remember any reason why it won't work, it has an
angled pickup with a screen on it.  I'd guess this would be a higher
capacity pump than original.

Am having oil pressure irregularity that I'm trying to sort out.  No
metal bits in the oil or filter, but lots of movement in the pressure
gague.

Wish me ludk!

Clark