Re: Building an early Spit autocrosser<Pine.PCW.3.91.960801110238.10191E

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Building an early Spit autocrosser<Pine.PCW.3.91.960801110238.10191E-100000@dos641.nysed.gov>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 16:17:19 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
[blah blah blah deleted] :-)

>> I'd kind of like to try to make this car as quick as possible - could anyone
>> lead me to some books on how to do this? I know the rear axle setup on a
>> Mk2 is pretty bad - how do I go the swing-spring?

>Don't know from no books ;-), but the swing-spring is easy:
>1. Get a swing-spring.
>2. Plug off the two "center" spring stud holes on your diff (cut the old
>studs off flush, maybe with a slot in the top so you might be able to
>get them out again if need be).
>3. Install swing-spring with four remaining studs, nuts, etc.
>4. get larger diameter front sway bar and install that.

Just one small point, wasn't the swing spring from early MkIV Spits(about
70-73) shorter than the later ones, as these had the drive shafts that were an
inch shorter, therefore, Larry would need this shaft to suit the Mk2 shafts,
otherwise, if the spring is longer then would that create a weird amount of
positive camber on the rear wheels???? Or am I just talking crap??? (But I
won't mention Q-ship)

Rich
England.