Re: Verdict

To: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>, Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: Verdict
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:45:24 -0700 "Re: Verdict" (Oct 4, 4:38pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
        What I care about is whether converting my US-spec TR6 to PI would be a
        good idea in California.

   I doubt it would pass the emmission reg's would it, AND if you used the
Lucas
   PI system then it is supposed to be a bit dodgey from what I've heard.

It is *extremely* unlikely that you'll get such a conversion past the smog
police.

But the Lucas system is really quite reliable, if set up properly - it's what
drag racers have relied upon for many years now. The two issues these days are
that the pump needs leaded gas for internal lubrication, and the stock TR6 fuel
pump location was awful, leading to vapor lock and fuel starvation. There are
fixes for this (usually going to a Bosch pump in a slightly different
location).