Re: TR6 carpets <199508290332.UAA02038@netcom3.netcom.com>

To: plord@netcom.com (Peter Lord)
Subject: Re: TR6 carpets <199508290332.UAA02038@netcom3.netcom.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 10:02:02 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Peter Lord said:
  > The old beast is in for a new set of carpets from TRF. Any tips, tricks
 > tales of woe, etc concerning carpet installation, I went whole hog and
 > ordered the installation kit and under felt too.

I just installed a carpet kit in Sybil, my '72 TR6.  It was from TRF, and I
too got underfelts and the hardware kit.

DO NOT attempt this without the hardware kit!  You have to attach the snaps to
the carpet yourself.  Besides, the instructions come in the hardware kit.
Follow them.

Sybil was missing the spacers (GH10, P/N WM67 from TRF) under the seat rails,
so I put a stack of washers under there.  This will give a little space under
the rail so the carpet can dry out.  The floor AND rails were pretty rusty
there.

The hardest part was getting the fascia support bracket back in.  Between the
plastic gearbox tunnel, the new carpets and the new gearshift boot it just
doesn't want to fit.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center