Spit Parts (Vincente)

To: Triumph owners list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit Parts (Vincente)
From: rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 08:08:20 EDT
Comments: Converted from PROFS to RFC822 format by PUMP V2.2X
Ross Vincente asked about opinions on the various suppliers.

Ross,
I believe this might be available in the archives. I remember very
recently there was a long thread on this very subject.

But in case (like me) you can't access the archives; My personal
opinion is that Roadster Factory is the leader, followed fairly
closely by Moss and rather distantly by VB and SICP. Apple has a good
reputation but I have no personal experience with them or Rimmer so I
can't help much there. I have had good luck for Spit stuff from British
Parts Northwest. I think they're in Washington (state) or Oregon. If
you want I'll get their address tonight and send it tomorrow.

>frankly, I'm always willing to pay a wee bit more for better
>service and quality. I would appreciate any and all input.

Be careful here. Price and quality are NOT a matched set. There have
been complaints about poor quality parts from VB on the list. My personal
experience with VB is that they are more expensive and I've never been
pleased with the quality of parts I ordered from them. I've only
rarely had a problem with the quality of things ordered from TRF or Moss.

In any case, you've come to the right place looking for opinions.
This group is always willing (even eager) to tell you about their
cars and experiences. And there's lots of wisdom gained from our
collective experiences (read mistakes).

Make sure you talk to Andy Mace and Doug Mitchell on Spits.

Good Luck
Rik

Rik Schlierer                 "Weekends don't count unless you
RGS03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US         spend them doing something
NYS DEPT OF HEALTH, ALBANY NY  completely pointless" (Calvin)