Re: trunk seal removal/Redline

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trunk seal removal/Redline
From: widget@pixi.com (Paul Swengler)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 10:28:44 -0400
>Is there a chemical of some kind that will dissolve the glue the was used to
>hold the trunk seal in place.
_________________________
YES WD40!

_____________
>I'm sure this has been beat to death, but it was before I got on the list:
>How do y'all feel about Redline MTL Synthetic trans oil?  I have OD (I hope I
>still have OD) if that matters.
_____________________________
I had synthetic in mine and had trouble with the clutch (OD) slipping. I
used 30 wt nondetergent and two montyhs later it ground to fine 30wt and
British iron soup.

I am in the process of totally rebuilding another today and will replace the
synthetic gear oil!

IMHO synthetic is superior.

Paul
2 TR250, 1 TR4A, 1 AH BJ8 l
______________________

>Thanks
>
>John Mardesich
>'68 TR250, Marin County, CA

 Great minds think alike...
                Simple minds seldom think differently.

Paul Swengler                      Providing Hawaii's Legal Community
The Law Book Store            with quality legal materials since 1990
4557 Ukali St.            New & Used Books, Anatomical Models, CD-Rom
Honolulu HI 96818
Voice: 808-422-6322    Fax: 808-423-8282