Re: HOW DO I REPLACE.......

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: HOW DO I REPLACE.......
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 16:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, Nick Benson wrote:

> How do I replace my rear wheel bearings on my '75 Spit?

Nick,
        Start by pulling the axle assemblies. That's about 30 minutes a
side.  Strip the brake paraphenalia off, and cart them down to your
favorite un-ham-fisted, responsible machine shop.  Oh, you've never heard
of such a place?  That's because I just made it up.
        Anyways, settle for a mediocre machine shop and drop your axles
off to be separated.  Depending on what you get back from them, you can
then install the bearing kits and torque the hubs back on.  Oh, get a
lower trunnion rebuild kit while you're at it.  Oh, and use ANTI-SEIZE on
the beveled surfaces of the hub and axle.  And use Loctite #272 (red) on
the axle nut itself.

        Have fun,

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6