(X-POST) '80 Spitfire Parts Looking For Good Home

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, hazelton@mizar.usc.edu
Subject: (X-POST) '80 Spitfire Parts Looking For Good Home
From: "John W. Hazelton" <hazelton@mizar.usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 95 0:14:42 PDT
Hi all,

 I have sad news.  I was driving my 1980 Spitfire (my daily
 driver for 15 years) home from the market today, and got
 broadsided in the passenger door.  I am shaken, but apparently
 unharmed.  The car gave its life to save mine--it took
 the impact very nicely, so I wouldn't have to.  Unfortunately,
 the lovely Spit is totalled.

 The damage is primarily to the right middle and front, though
 both front tires are pointed askew.  I would venture that the
 engine (just had it rebuilt a year and a half ago), radiator,
 electric fan, alternator, air pump, half of the interior, and
 most of the rear end is still servicable.

 It's a bit dark to go out and get much detail about it all
 now, and it still hurts to look at it for very long.

 Anyway, to draw this to a close, I live in an apartment, and
 cannot keep the corpse parked on the street for more than a
 few days without starting to accumulate parking tickets.

 Is there anyone out there in Southern California (preferably
 the Los Angeles area) who would like to come out and strip
 off what's usable, or is anyone aware of a good wrecking
 yard in the area that it could go to, one that would allow
 the car to be a good organ donor, so its parts can keep
 other Spitfires on the road?

 Any info or advice is greatly appreciated, and the sooner
 the better (I get my first ticket Monday morning).

--John Hazelton
  West Hollywood, CA, USA

P.S. - Can anyone in Southern Cal recommend a good accident
       attorney?  The folks in the car that hit me are making
       noises that sound like I should get one, so that my
       accomodating good nature doesn't dig me into a hole.

P.S.S. - Dan Parslow, wanna sell your '79 Spitfire?  You don't
         need it now that you have Tessa, the Vitesse, do you?