Herald Indicators (again)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald Indicators (again)
From: Richard Endersby <Richard@riggins.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 18:12:37 GMT
Posted on behalf of a friend without internet access:

Having solved a problem with his indiactors (thanks to the help of those on
this
list), we now have another problem.  When fitting a new flasher unit to a Heral
13/60, the indicators work fine for 3 or 4 operations when first fitted, but
after that, flash on and off very fast.  So fast, in fact, it is difficult to
tell if they are switching at all.  This has happened with two new flasher
units now, so we think it must be a problem with the wiring.

The bulbs are drawing 36W (=3A) between them (ie. 1.5A each), the flasher is
rated for 40something Watts.  Could it be an earth problem?

Any suggestions, *very* gladly received!

--
Richard