TR6 Clutch release thanks and answers

To: Triumph team <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch release thanks and answers
From: "Baker, Tony MV" <TBaker@po1.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 95 12:56:00 PDT
Encoding: 20 TEXT
I would like to thank all who responded and helped me diagnose
my TR6 clutch not disengaging problem of Two weeks ago week.

The answer for those of you interested is that the supplier I obtained
my replacement release fork, clutch shaft and release baring
manufactured the rods incorrectly. They are drilled it to fit the fork
backwards. This results in the arm sitting 30 degrees back from
vertical as it emerges from the clutch housing. In turn this translates
into less leverage and angular movement for a given inch of slave
cylinder push rod travel.

Lots of other helpful suggestions were All of which are correct and
most of which I have experienced over the past six years whilst trying
to make my clutch work correctly.

Regards

Tony Baker (714)458 6544 (home)
internet tony.baker@mv.unisys.com