water pump not in line?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: water pump not in line?
From: thompson@ridgeback.East.Sun.COM (Keith B. Thompson - Sun)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 11:15:00 -0400
hi,

my latest tr250 problem (actually it's always been like this but
i'm just now getting to it) is that the pulley on my water
pump does not seem to be on the same plane as the crankshaft
pulley. i have not taken the water pump apart because i would
not know what i am looking for. i'm assuming that all these bits
should be one the same plane? everything works but if figure
this is not good for the bearings etc.

one thought has been that the alt. really the one off and should
be one the front side of the bracket that hangs off the engine
block. that would put it closer to even with the water pump but
off (i think) with the crankshaft? my manual has a drawing with
the alt in front of the bracket and a picture with it behind it!?

i guess i'm asking two things. where should the alt. go? and
(if the water pump is off line) what should i be looking
for?

thanks,

kbt