TR6 vibr. gearbox/diff.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 vibr. gearbox/diff.
From: cisamrein@access.ch (Walter Koller)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 10:00:59 +0100
I own a 74 TR6 PI with overdrive. I have detected a strange noise and
vibration (I am used to
TR6 standard noise) coming from the region gearbox - differential. This
noise occurs under the following conditions:
- The car is pushing the engine, starting from about 3000 rpm down (3rd
gear) when the throttle pedal
  is released
- Only in the 3rd gear, a little in 4th gear , not in 1st and 2nd gear
- Same effect with or without overdrive active

I have already checked the tightness of the bolts on the u-joints between
gearbox and diff.
I suspect that there might be a problem with a gearbox bearing??
Has anybody made similar expierience or knows some helpful information?

Thanks in advance

Walter Koller
cisamrein@access.ch

Switzerland