Re: Brake Bleeding

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 95 14:28:04 CDT
>Jon Moody wrote
>I recently replaced the rear brake cylanders on my 73 TR6. Now  when I try
>to bleed the brakes, I cant get any fluid  to flow.  Any one have ideas as
>to why this is happening? Thanks.

I learned from experts on this list that the PDWA - Pressure Differential
Warning Actuator(?) - senses a lack of pressure in either brake line and
closes off the one of low pressure, to prevent loss of fluid from a
ruptured line. It's an H-shaped junction block near the master cylinder.
The brake warning light switch is in the middle of it and is activated by
it.

You may have given a stout pump on the pedal while bleeding and closed off
the rear line due to the low pressure on the bleed side, high on the front.
To recentralize the plunger you need to open a front bleeder and pump,
creating the opposite differential to push the plunger back to center.
Don't be too enthusiastic or you'll go over-center the other way and close
off the front line.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com