Re: Oil Light Shutoff, external rocker feed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Light Shutoff, external rocker feed
From: mah16@cornell.edu (Marie A Harkins)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 00:15:01 -0500
First, When I had a loose big end bearing in my '75 Spit 1500 engine, it
made a sort of muffled, rattling sound for a good few seconds after the
engine started running, after which point the oil light went out. Once the
light went out, the noise was gone and things sounded fine. After replacing
all the crank bearings (and a regrind) the oil light goes out almost
instantly once the engine has caught, and the rattling sound is gone for
good (I hope!).

Second, I also installed an external rocker feed line and have observed no
significant drop in pressure. (however a Smiths oil pressure gauge is not
exactly a precision instrument) I have no clue as to the effect the feed
line has on the engine; it seemed like a good idea considering the
condition of my valve train. Wouldn't it be nice if these things came with
some literature?

Bill King  '75 Spit,'72 GT6 (missing a front LH vertical link!)
mah16@cornell.edu