Re: Grease recs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grease recs
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 11:51:55 -0400
Jon:

>but is the spray type of white lithium grease
>a suitable grease for the splines  on the sliding axle halfs?

IMHO, I wouldn't use a spray type of grease. I'd be leery of not getting
enough on there to adequately lube things over time. When I re-did
the rear end of my car I ended up using some sort of "moly" grease.
If you're interested I can post the name / type later.

>Also any recomendations for grease to use in the u joints?

I just use whatever sort of goop that's sold in grease gun cartridges. To
my (limited) knowledge you don't need anything fancy for u-joints.

Of course, YMMV...

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com