Re: Thanks..TR Overheating

To: "Paul A. Carson" <pcarson@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks..TR Overheating
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 07:42:55 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 12 Jul 1995, Paul A. Carson wrote:

> I do not have an original type with a bypass hose (now, I've got
> something to scrounge for during my holiday to the U.K.), nor do I know
> where to get one, nor have I've seen one > in my 18 years of TR's.

        A few years back there were a number of "sleeved" thermostats
        available from TRF. Aparently the t-stat's design was the same as
        specified for a lift truck (read forklift) I think. A bunch of them
        were found in a warehouse "over there". TRF may not have any more
        to sell but it's a place to start to look. Otherwise you'll just
        have to plug the bypass hose like the rest of us did when the world
        was out of them the first time. The only thing that plugging the
        bypass will cause will be that it will take abit longer for your
        TR to warm up when it gets nippy.

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois