u-joints

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: u-joints
From: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 10:33:39 -0400 (EDT)
I need some help / advice.  I will be removing the differential from my
TR6 this weekend.  I have been told that when I do this, I should also
inspect/replace the u joints. What do I need to look for in the u joints
and how hard is it to replace them?

Also, my car has a little rust on the frame near the trailing arms. I'd like
to get some recommendations as to products and procedures for fixing
this. I`m sure this has been discussed here before; I just joined this
group on 7/10 so I appreciate your patience. I can see that this job is
getting bigger, and bigger and bigger...:)
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Jon Moody