Spitfire clutch rebuild & VB vs. TRF

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire clutch rebuild & VB vs. TRF
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 18:50:11 -0400
Hello Triumphant Types,

I finally got around to fixing a leaky clutch m/c this weekend.
This is old hat now.  This time however, the internal spring
had "split" not broken in several places.  This produced several
sharp points in the middle of the spring.  I hadn't seen this type
of failure before.  Luckily I had a spare.

When restocking my hydraulic kits today, I called TRF. The clutch
m/c, s/c, as well as a brake m/c rebuild kit were all out of stock.
When the customer service person asked me if I would like to
put them on back order, I remembered "Hey I think I already have
something backordered from you guys".  Turns out I had ordered
some front motor mounts last December.  Still waiting.
I got the motor mounts from VB last december, in stock.
All the stuff I needed today was in stock at VB.  I think someone
is slipping here..................

Bob Sykes
75, 78, 78 Spitfires