engine not used for a long time

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: engine not used for a long time
From: Martien.Ouwens@Holland.Sun.COM (Martien Ouwens)
Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 13:13:29 +0200
Cc: Martien.Ouwens@Holland.Sun.COM
Hi,

  I recently bought a Triumph Harold Vistesse MK1, '68.
As this car was forgotten by it's owner, it has been parked in a shed for three
years. I was
wondering if anybody out there has "watch out" remarks.

  Main concern I've got is, how rust sensitive is the vitesses 2 litre engine.
Could I assume
to get problems with stuck valves or pistons. What would be the best approach
to get such
an engine running, without it being damaged badly. If I get the engine running,
would an
oil change be enough, or should I fill her up with "cleaning oil" for the first
run.

  Before the car was "parked" the engine was running healthy, it's claimed the
shed should have
been dry.

Thanks   martien