Lucas Alternator Specifications

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lucas Alternator Specifications
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 95 11:54:30 est
   I purchased my '80 Spitfire a year ago and must contend with
restoration shortcuts and maintenance decisions of the PO(s).  My
alternator is acting up and I have discovered it is an 18ACR Alternator.
   All my best information says that a 1980 Spitfire *should* have a
17ACR Alternator fitted, and previous to that, the 16ACR Alternator was
fitted.

   First Question:  What are the Specifications for the 18ACR
Alternator?

   Second question: What Triumphs or LBCs were actually fitted with
18ACR Alternators from the factory? (So I can get appropriate VB, TRF
and SICP catalogues so I can order parts for it)

  Third question:  Is there a book on Lucas Alternator repair or rebuild
available (like the Haynes books on ZD Carbs and Webber Carbs)
Especially if any of you UK readers know of any.  I know that Lucas
thrives on the "mystery" of electricity but...

   you can mail to me directly at jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com
   thanks a lot,  regards  John Pratchios