Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?<9505041418.AA01448@raptor>

To: paisley@boulder.nist.gov
Subject: Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?<9505041418.AA01448@raptor>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 16:11:05 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Blain writes:
>> The TR6 block without crank,cam ,head or any of the other bits is easily
>> carried by two people. Infact, I recently transported  the block,head,cam and
>> all the other bits to the rebuilders in the trunk of my car withn no problem.

>This is very true.  I carried my disassembled TR6 block to the machine
>shop in the back of my honda.  If I remember correctly, I put
>everything in the back of the car by myself!  However, if you are
>talking about two people picking up a fully dressed TR6 engine, I say
>take your hoist.  Besides, if you have the hoist, why not take it?  At
>least that way you won't end up over stressing yourself doing the
>unthinkable.

>I have a great respect for the weight of these cast iron blocks, since
>mine dropped (fully assembled) on my foot a few years ago.  It broke
>my foot, and left the engine complete unharmed.  Scotty says, "Take
>the hoist!"

>Safety Fast!

Surely the above was a slogan for MG's, so should therefore be considered a
swear word on the Triumph List. :-) :-) :-)

>-Scotty

Shame you couldn't Beam the engine up Scotty, unless the engine canneh tek
it(pronounce in a Scottish Accent).:-) :-)

Sorry about that, the English Sun is getting to me, I'm not used to it.

Rich (Mr Sarcasm) Jackson.
Northampton.
England.