Re: Car mileage

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Car mileage
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:47:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 24 Apr 1995 TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:

> Are there any slueths out there that might have some ideas to help figue out
> if some of these old TR's have 30 or 130 thousand miles.  I'm thinking of
> checking something like suspension or something.  30K wouldn't wear it out,
> but 130K definitely would.

One thing to check is the brake and clutch pedals.  A car with 130K will
show substantial wear on the rubber pads (if original) where a 30K car
will show only a little.

Carpet/mat wear, and shifter knob wear are also indicators but these
items are more likely to be noticed by the owner and replaced.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Racecar spelled backwards is ... racecar - Anon"