Introduction - TR6 Owner

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Introduction - TR6 Owner
From: mhayes@msgate.cv.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 09:01:18 EST
Encoding: 28 Text
     Hello All -

     My name is Michael Hayes, and I am a TR6 owner/restorer and daily
     driver. Over the past two years, I have accomplished a complete
     "driving" restoration, having stopped short of significant underside
     cosmetics due to my desire to regularly drive the car. The work
     includes complete suspension and driveline rebuilds, rear tube
     shock conversion, Weber DGV conversion, complete interior refit with
     padded rollbar, and complete exterior refinish including rechroming.
     The paint is PPG Deltron matched to an original Triumph paint sample
     with clearcoat.

     The CAR is a 1971 White/Blk/Tan TR6, CC61453LO, and is the Texas car
     that was featured on the cover of the MOSS Motoring Newsletter,
     Summer 1994.

     Since purchasing "the project", getting the car back on the road,
     and finishing the restoration, I have logged many highway miles and
     have experienced many of the joys and pains of TR6 ownership. Though
     not an expert on Triumphs, I have "been through" this 6, and would be
     happy to consult with any of you attempting the same.

     Feel free to contact me directly via this e-address with any
     questions.

     Michael Hayes
     ("generally topless in Texas")