Re: TR250 Comm. # & Color Code

To: Henry Frye <pp001287@interramp.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Comm. # & Color Code
From: scypher@perform.vt.edu (Scott R. Cypher)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 12:30:51 -0400
>The car is what I believe to be wedgewood blue.  (It is definately blue, I
>am pretty sure it is wedgewood)  The problem is the Commission Plate
>says the paint code is 25.  TRF and Moss catalogues both tell me 25 is
>color code for (Truimph) Racing Green.  I pulled the interior and I have
>no doubt this chassis was painted blue when new.

My TRF TR6 Book has  25 as 1969-70 TR6 BRG.  Since yours is a 68 TR250, I'm
not sure it would apply.

>The car exterior was repainted. as evidenced by body putty I found that
>has cracked.  As I have not started the bodywork yet,  I have yet to
>uncover any real clues that would answer my question.
>
>Is there another place the commission number or paint number is
>stamped?  I am wondering if a different chassis may have been put
>on the frame.

THe only o places I'm aware of are the front drver side wheel well under
the hoold, and the driver's side door jamb.

>What does the number plate next to the battery over the heater valve
>mean?  Anything to do with paint?

That's the body number.  I'm not sure that anyone has a list of what body#
for what years, and doubt its coded to paint schema

Other than checking as many of the #'s as possible (engine, tranny, diff,
body #, CC#,) and seeing if they are the right ones (roughly) for that
model/year, n't know of other methods to trace.....

Scott R.Cypher                                   Project Manager
Center for Organzational Performance Improvement
Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg,VA, 24061
SCypher@perform.vt.edu                      (703)231-2773
]]]]]]]]]]] Take My Advice, I'm Not Using It [[[[[[[[[[[[[[