[Tigers] Clutch/Trans work

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch/Trans work
From: DW via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:41:33 -0800
Just an FYI.

Clutch/ Trans work, standard 4 spd.

Back in the '90s I did quite a few Tiger clutch and Trans rebuilds

WITH the engine in place.

Biggest trick is having the correct tools.

Getting the trans to Bellhousing bolts loose (5 bolt bell) can be a REAL
Bitch,

without the correct wrench.

Holes in the trans tunnel are an indicator of inadequate tools.

Things that complicate the job.

-Headers

-Scatter shields

To take the trans out, you need to take the Bellhousing and trans at the
same time.

To just do the clutch, you can rotate the trans and push it back enough.

Sometimes with headers, you need to take the flywheel/Block plate off
before you can

drop the bellhousing/trans.

It's NOT what I call Easy work, but doable.

DW