Re: [Tigers] Le Mans, Shelby & 2 Smokin' Tigers Kickstarter

To: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Le Mans, Shelby & 2 Smokin' Tigers Kickstarter
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 09:30:33 +0800
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>

--000000000000be8dbc06046a5733

There were some changes on the AC for the Cobra that did "toughen" it up a
little like the vents and the fender flares and wider wheels....but I think
the biggest difference is the AC ace was a desirable boutique low volume
high end sports car with decent performance.

The Cobra turned it into a boutique low volume high end performance car...
You didn't see Ace's running around everywhere.. an Ace was a special car
.. so it's not like you had a cooking model that suddenly was a wolf in
sheep's clothing.

Just my 0.02c

On Sun, 3 Sept 2023, 8:35 am David Sosna, <sosnaenergyconsulting@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the link, Bruce.  Interesting timing.  This morning I was
> rereading a 2007 article about the Toyota Celica Supra: "To the untrained
> eye the first Supra looked like a Celica--*and nothing kills status
> faster than resembling a downmarket model*".  Three years later, Toyota
> changed the sheetmetal for the next generation Supra to differentiate it
> from the Celica.  I thought of the visual similarities between the Tiger
> and the Alpine;  That was also mentioned in the clip you found.  I guess
> that lack of differentiation was a problem for Rootes.  Not sure why it
> worked for AC though, since the first Cobras looked like the Ace.  If
> anybody wants to weigh-in on why it worked for AC, I'd appreciate your
> thoughts.
>
> Best Regards
>
> David Sosna
>

> On 9/2/23 09:58, Bruce Richards wrote:
>
> Sorry if this is repeated, I had to resubscribe and didn't know if the
> original went out.  I have pledged 500 Pounds to Kickstarter.  I believe
> with help of the list and other resources the $ can be raised.  Glad to b=
> back on the list.
>
> Thx, Bruce
>

> I seem to have dropped off of the mailing list, so I'm hoping this can be
> reposted.  I would like to see this get completed and plan to pledge to t=
he
> project.
>

> Le Mans, Shelby & 2 Smokin' Tigers by Berlinetta Films =E2=80=94 Kickstar=
ter
> <https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/111019531/le-mans-shelby-and-2-smok=
in-tigers?ref=3Dcreator-nav&fbclid=3DIwAR0TD0YaSxLTyZXUlBIFlVLUi8HtX2_icKkE=
7VIMQokPawy_aKc5yMu7S20>

> Thanks,
>
> Bruce
> B9470147

--000000000000be8dbc06046a5733

&quot;toughen&quot; it up a little like the vents and the fender flares and=
 wider wheels....but I think the biggest difference is the AC ace was a des=
irable boutique low volume high end sports car with decent performance.=C2=
 boutique low volume high end performance car... You didn&#39;t see Ace&#39=
;s running around everywhere.. an Ace was a special car .. so it&#39;s not =
like you had a cooking model that suddenly was a wolf in sheep&#39;s clothi=
n Sun, 3 Sept 2023, 8:35 am David Sosna, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sosnaenergyc=
onsulting@gmail.com">sosnaenergyconsulting@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></di=
v><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:=
1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
ning I
      was rereading a 2007 article about the Toyota Celica Supra: &quot;To
      the untrained eye the first Supra looked like a Celica--<b><i>and
          nothing kills status faster than resembling a downmarket model</i=
></b>&quot;.=C2=A0
      Three years later, Toyota changed the sheetmetal for the next
      generation Supra to differentiate it from the Celica.=C2=A0 I thought
      of the visual similarities between the Tiger and the Alpine;=C2=A0 Th=
at
      was also mentioned in the clip you found.=C2=A0 I guess that lack of
      differentiation was a problem for Rootes.=C2=A0 Not sure why it worke=
      for AC though, since the first Cobras looked like the Ace.=C2=A0 If
      anybody wants to weigh-in on why it worked for AC, I&#39;d appreciate
      your thoughts.</p>
     =20
          and didn&#39;t know if the original went out.=C2=A0 I have pledge=
d 500
          Pounds to Kickstarter.=C2=A0 I believe with help of the list and
          other resources the $ can be raised.=C2=A0 Glad to be back on the
          list.</div>
            hoping this can be reposted.=C2=A0 I would like to see this get
            completed and plan to pledge to the project.<br>
le-mans-shelby-and-2-smokin-tigers?ref=3Dcreator-nav&amp;fbclid=3DIwAR0TD0Y=
aSxLTyZXUlBIFlVLUi8HtX2_icKkE7VIMQokPawy_aKc5yMu7S20" target=3D"_blank" rel=
=3D"noreferrer">Le Mans, Shelby
                &amp; 2 Smokin&#39; Tigers by Berlinetta Films =E2=80=94 Ki=
ckstarter</a><br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>_______________________________________________

r">tigers@autox.team.net</a>