[Tigers] Heater control valve

To: Tiger List Serve <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Heater control valve
From: Joel Martin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:17:10 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_706098_951114127.1648513030145

Hello All
With a aluminum radiator, what should the pounds of the cap should be on th=
e overflow tank?=C2=A0 I have had a 13 pound cap on the overflow tank and h=
ave gone through 3=C2=A0 heater control values in 5700 miles and they all l=
eak.
So now I am thinking about a 90 degrees manual valve with a very short hand=
le that would fit in the stock location as the heater control valve utilizi=
ng the bracket of the heater control valve that=C2=A0 would allow me to ble=
ed all air from the motor at the highest point, which I believe is the heat=
er core,. The idea is try and and retain as close to possible the stock cor=
rect look, be able to bleed any air when refilling the radiator and have th=
e ability to manually turn on the heater once to twice a year as I live in =
a very moderate environment and drive the car year round.
Any ideas as to a part number or manufacture that would meet these requirem=
ents or any other ideas?
Thanks
Joel Martin

------=_Part_706098_951114127.1648513030145

ly:garamond, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr" data-=
 should the pounds of the cap should be on the overflow tank?&nbsp; I have =
had a 13 pound cap on the overflow tank and have gone through 3&nbsp; heate=
r control values in 5700 miles and they all leak.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" dat=
I am thinking about a 90 degrees manual valve with a very short handle that=
 would fit in the stock location as the heater control valve utilizing the =
bracket of the heater control valve that&nbsp; would allow me to bleed all =
air from the motor at the highest point, which I believe is the heater core=
,. The idea is try and and retain as close to possible the stock correct lo=
ok, be able to bleed any air when refilling the radiator and have the abili=
ty to manually turn on the heater once to twice a year as I live in a very =
moderate environment and drive the car year round.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" da=
eas as to a part number or manufacture that would meet these requirements o=
iv dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Thanks</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setd=
------=_Part_706098_951114127.1648513030145--

--===============2470117324250703459==