Re: [Tigers] Engine removal/ paint questions

To: GARY WINBLAD <garywinblad@comcast.net>, steve wick via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine removal/ paint questions
From: steve wick via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 15:11:40 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=none; dmarc=none; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=Wxh0i0ebnxgg6tCsJRRL9S3BOxbrqcXL65BD9r94Yo4=; b=jTz9pYdD1GZA45mRcjTwJSuRjnlRpAnOSDruW6oAYfM11Bso3yPSH9hppJ5H06kVWC5ojJ/ePF3rJuYbJEdWIAEH5DacYbRQUok9ApTq+a1okNXRpWxFRgeRQ7ZjeOQKzKuFizHhtMz+hOsCv2rcNwFZVMVCL9aNnBs9o89AeJMQwytdOX8d/aqJTGXsSUPSVoWMfBDEGD4vcjexA6kTDK7v1J4TbF57GNX5rlMeHtubdSfDVP17Eh0LWbCAeXRzbmj32sxf2K6kLcTwXqdnE5pS4P5vDw4IW59XruzkI615fIBFkc2/zd/OZWXv8dT/6dbuBmHXVsmDrTDKOpE/PQ==
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=Wxh0i0ebnxgg6tCsJRRL9S3BOxbrqcXL65BD9r94Yo4=; b=MF2NnfHd6L/kQTyOUnzVqW3ruPbdrJm3c76sMQcu243WlPM6EMD4O2qLAJ8Gg/Kb5tlhyZLqw7bqJVXU//4BJi3AccwMH+eh2PDiVWkPvz9IGsZroJPSHWRkawkyhtFMrVhgsCjI7xx24NEHp+ZviZ+MJiOigxPjqM+kgSLKgP+NCdK4J8KVJNNxv+W6xCP4mzm90Nz+Q2fqbIXMjyrgm1kLPW8+TTW16iTNHSEFRezB3Liav1iNuiyaq7CR53AhF6BsaCEUDoXIcoHBoGhl84oUf3Ueb82euElay9IhTWVU/jF8c5cOEX3vGbsNTL2H4H/LhFPaLeTyKhsnDkvoZg==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=AouI+WoFEsDtZ7NDlgQ+d+qMHRtjfR9A1Cn1Sl90euOOcFpFSBMRjrB8cZ3atCkqe84aOcCNwR+zIZjh2+p1KKSiXIc09zb8vTzkL0QZ6a6D5D5/y8hONLZ7zD8BkW0WLg7Ze/qwfCPHXaQ6KiEShq5Ot5kD+ga+C6zSbpC0pkRUz8tuz6EINZ90Q4HrEo0zxWIr2Gre3xbrpG9hDqTInoGuUhlIZb8ODjstbCpWRCKUR+sHihXedbMu13QjQ4A6UwJ/mZBAKr+yrzkmmkoj3+T9m+Ar5VwlV19JqpEx4ZRJ4id0ihwdyAVg2Bx1mmMpr+Suoc7FtNtgLWpuInqa5A==

--_000_SA1PR06MB8356E2EB527A64F4A2D968E4D86B9SA1PR06MB8356namp_

Normally I would have dived right in and got the thing running right, but h=
ad several other projects lined up before it. I finished a '69 XL convertib=
le with my son, a '68 California Special Mustang, '73 Mach 1 and '70 Cougar=
 XR7. The Tiger started having problems in the middle of these and I didn't=
 want to tear another car apart in the middle of the chaos. It started with=
 a shorted wire at the alternator conversion that was done by the previous =
owner. The ammeter acted like a fuse and I lost all power at 70 mph on the =
freeway and had to coast to the side with no signals or lights. After that,=
 I had fuel pump issues, where the electric pump would just randomly stop r=
unning while I was driving. It would sometimes come back in a half hour, so=
metimes several days later, so I was afraid to drive very far from home. Ch=
anging pumps didn't make a difference. The last 10 years or so, I've had tw=
o moves for jobs, 5 surgeries, and now a move for retirement, and I haven't=
 spun a wrench except for maintenance, so the Tiger just sat. Now I'm ready=
 to put in a new wiring harness with proper fuses and get this thing runnin=
g like it should.

Steve