Re: [Tigers] Clutch Pedal Removal

To: Terry Packer <packertl3@yahoo.com>, Terry Packer via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Pedal Removal
From: Larry Paulick via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 08:58:35 -0500
Terry, how big are you physically.  If space getting in is a problem, remove
the seat, and then it is how you described.

Here are 2 photos of a stock and modified assembly.

Larry

On Feb 25, 2015, at 6:55 PM, Terry Packer via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Hello All
> I want to remove the clutch pedal from the car, which seems to require
removing the pedal's mounting bracket and pedal as an assembly. It appears the
bracket is secured to the rear of the firewall by a plate with two bolts. The
lower bolt is actually the upper through-bolt which also secures the clutch
master cylinder. It appears the upper mounting bolt is inserted from the front
as the head of a bolt is visible in the engine bay a few inches directly above
the clutch master. So one would guess that the clamping plate which holds the
pedal bracket to the firewall has an unthreaded lower hole for the master
cylinder through-bolt and a threaded upper hole to engage the upper mounting
bolt inserted from the engine bay.

> My question is - is it really that simple, or are there complications that
I'm not appreciating, tricks to help with re-assembly, etc. Thought I'd ask
before disassembling things in the dark upper reaches of the under-dash. All
suggestions appreciated.
> BTW, if the upper mount bolts for the clutch and brake pedal assemblies are
inserted from the engine bay, what finish should the exposed bolt heads be, or
are they painted?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/lpaulick1@verizon.net