Re: [Tigers] original oil lines reprodced

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] original oil lines reprodced
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
The oil lines on my Mk1 are to long to be able to use the oil filter holder
that bolts to the head. Im guessing a PO had them made and they either copied
other unoriginal hoses or where only interested in them not leaking. Since the
clamp was also missing its just a guess. My question is if I wanted to have my
problem corrected and since I dont have the correct hoses, does anyone have
knowledge of where I can send mine and receive the corrct length hoses? I
planned on doing away with them using the motorport 90 degree adaptor but my
headers wont allow the short filter to the best of my knowledge. Im not a
stickler for having to run the original hoses as they can be a real pain if one
burst while on a trip and they always seem to lek, even if its an occasional
drip.
Thanks in advance for informtion or other ideas.
TonytheTiger