Water pumps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pumps
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:23:29 EDT
My car is just running too hot so took the rad out today, and tommorow  going
to get a local shop to flow test it and prob rebuild it with modern
upgrades. I looked at the archives etc, seems that Modine is no longer in
business,
but similar stuff out there.One other thing I'm going to do is replace  the
water pump. Car has a Derale fan , but when I took it off to get the rad out
the
pump has movement.....not good, turns with  roughness as well, so while  not
leaking i know it's toast.After a bit of online reasearch.....Jegs, Summit,
and archives a couple of questions. My 67 289 pilot dia is 5/8,  inlet 1  7/8 ,
and is my rotation clockwise..? First two I know, last I did not  check
before I took it all out and can't remember. Next any recomendations
etc...?Flow
Kooler  Mildon..  etc..?....thanks......cheers....phil