Re: Trademark of Sunbeam & GT40 brand license

To: gswaybright@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trademark of Sunbeam & GT40 brand license
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 23:28:28 EDT
Thanks for filling in the info on licensing.

What Bob is saying is that he wants to be treated like Ford
treats others.  At his talk, he said over and over, he is open
to negotiation. Not the take it leave it attitude of Ford lawyers.
But he still would like the free VIP auto show tickets.

He opened with the 3% offer as his beginning position.  Ford
rejected that and went to their friends in the automotive press.

Bob has been the sole source of GT40 parts for years and years.
He provides the same source of support to GT40 owners as has
over beloved Rick McLeod and Curt Meinel.  If he sold his name
to Ford for their marketing, how long do you think they would
support the original GT40's?  Ford had withdrawn from racing
the GT40 after unsuccessfully chasing the Red Stallion, when
the Gulf Oil GT40 finally beat Ferrari.  Don't forget that the
GT40 is not an American car.  It was designed and built in
England.  Can you imagine an original GT40 owner calling
Ford racing 10 years from now if Ford bought the name, and
requesting a new control arm?  A control arm for a car Ford did
not build.  Bob's company would and has supplied that support.
Bob runs a small company with a loyal group of clients.  Yes
he could make some money selling out, but his loyalty lies in
his friends and customers.  Just like Rick and Curt.  I applaud
that dedication.

As you can tell, I will not genuflect in front of the Blue Oval.  They
are a monolithic corporation out to make money.  Don't forget
that. Making 1000 GT's with a MSRP of $175K is a joke on us.
The real selling price is many times more.  I've heard tales of
some people asking over $400K for their car, if it is ever made.
Ford is trying to give the air that the GT will be the ultimate
supercar.  Already every GT made has been recalled to fix
faulty control arms.  Ford send letters telling the owners to not
attempt to drive the car.  They would come and get it with an
enclosed van (embarrassment?) and a rental car of choice.
So much for Quality is Number One.

Personally I would rather have one of the McLaren's instead
of a replica GT40.

Saturday night and feeling cocky.