Re: Dupont Code for Foam White #8

To: "Peter Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>,
Subject: Re: Dupont Code for Foam White #8
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:09:25 -0600
Peter:

While I can't help you with a DuPont # for the Foam White, or Foam Gray as
it is sometimes referred to, I can point you in the right direction on where
you can get some.

In case you haven't heard of it, there's a place in Oshkosh, WI, called
Tower Paint.  At the urgence of several list members, I called them back in
April of 2003 with the same inquiry you have.  I was looking for the correct
wheel paint for my Tiger, Foam White #8.  Not having any clue as to what a
part # would be for this stuff, I just called them and told them I had a
Sunbeam Tiger and the correct wheel color was Foam White, Rootes color code
8.  I think I may have suggested that they check their Chrysler Import color
listings from the '60's just to help them along.  Believe it or not, the
lady I was dealing with found it and within four days, I had two spray cans
of Foam White #8 delivered to my door.  I was very impressed with the
quality and correctness of the color once I put it on the wheels.  I have
since gone back to them for other hard-to-find colors for other projects
I've done and have been satisfied each time.

I've only ordered in spray can form but I imagine you could probably get a
quart of raw color to mix yourself if you planned on shooting it with a gun.
Anyway, their vital info is as follows:

Tower Paint and Decorating
P.O. Box 2345
Oshkosh, WI  54903-2345
920-235-6520

They have a website, too,  where you could probably get their 800 #.  Just
Google "Tower Paint" and you'll find it.

Good luck and Merry Christmas,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE
Edmond, OK