Re: Suspension

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:02:11 +0000
Tym,

I purchased the LAT 6 "Bolt-on" Traction Masters from the original company, who
are now producing both kinds.  You have to remove the two front spring clamps
and
reverse their position to have the clamp nut on top of the springs (although I
don't know if Dale's springs have these.

Installation is a breeze as they have improved the design to allow the bottom
plate to replace the current one, making the package stack thinner, and allowing
the use of your original U Bolts.  I am sure you will use Nylock, or other, type
locking nuts.  I put some rubber spacers, made from sheet stock, under the
spring
front clamps to avoid metal-to-metal contact.

The LAT 5 weld-on's suffer from bad geometry, in competing with the front spring
eye for controlling the arc of the axle, and having little structure for a long
life weld on the front bar, even though the later design does provide for a
larger
weld surface on the bar.

Traction Master
Contact Chuck at (213) 382-1131

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/