Re: Alpine 260

To: James Pickard <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Alpine 260
From: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:09:59 +0100
The Tiger was certainly the Tiger in the UK and US, but badged as the Alpine
260 in Continental European countries because of a prior claim to the Tiger
name by another make.  While the B948s were referred to by Rootes as Alpine
260s in South Africa, they appear to have been badged as Tigers (BoN Chapter
7).  qv BoN pages 13/14