Re: inquiry 091399a (16, correction)

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>,
Subject: Re: inquiry 091399a (16, correction)
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:51:29 -0700
Larry,

The correct position for the Dale A. rear disk brake calipers is forward of
the axle. Let's see, that's 9 o'clock of the LR and 3 o'clock on the RR;
unless you're under the car and then it's reversed. ;-)

I'm not sure what your problem is with the axle. The two axles are buffered
in the center by the "axle shaft spacer", which provides a bearing surface
for the two to rotate with respect to each other (the posi unit
notwithstanding). When you push in on one axle, the other one should move
out if they are both seated against the axle shaft spacer. Have you left
anything off that would amount to about 3/8" on both sides?

Bob

At 08:29 AM 9/13/99 -0400, Wright, Larry wrote:
>I wrote:
> >caliper is installed _ahead_ of the axle
> >(LR brake at the 3 o-clock position),
>
>That's 9 o'clock, duh.
>
>Lawrence R. Wright
>Purchasing Analyst