Re: Storing a 260 ??

To: <Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Storing a 260 ??
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 21:58:13 -0700
    All machined components should be coated with a layer of grease.  I still
have my Buick 215 Aluminum block engine stored at my dads house.  The engine was
never completed but a lot of machine work had already been done.  I assembled
the cam, crank and bearings into the block, with a healthy coating of standard
grease on everything.  including the cylinder walls.  The box that had the
valves, new rocker assemblies, push rods, etc. was sprayed with a  thinned
grease coating, and sealed.  This was done 1981.  When I check it last  in 94,
everything was in great shape, no rust on any parts, and no corrosion on any
aluminum parts.  It's been in my dads unheated garage in Seattle 2 miles from
Puget Sound (Salt water).  I have a simple plastic sheet draped over it to keep
any condensation from landing on it.  So far so good...Keep'em clean....keep'em
dry !!!

Rich