Re: dream farm EAA flight path-Warbird encounter

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dream farm EAA flight path-Warbird encounter
From: Scott Paceley <spaceley@express.cites.uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:05:26 -0500
A few years back our local warbird collector, Rudy Frasca, met up
with some like minded pilots at a farmer's airstrip a few miles from
my home.They would gather there every year and fly to Oshkosh from
there.

I got wind of the shindig, threw my camera bag in the car and
scrammed for the airstrip.

I got there just as they were lifting off. I hopped out the car, ran
across the grass runway and got a few shots.

Rudy must've seen me running like a crippled gazzle. He banked his
P40 around and made a mock strafing run at me while I stood snapping
away. He passed about 50 feet over my head but I could've sworn he
brushed me. Nearly filled my knickers when he fired a string of
high-caliber blanks for added effect.

Thrilling to say the least.

--
Scott Paceley  - graphic design - photography

     2204 Harrington Court, Champaign Illinois 61821
     spaceley@uiuc.edu    217.356.0810