FW: Annual Stockholders Meeting @ ROAD AMERICA

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Annual Stockholders Meeting @ ROAD AMERICA
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:45:54 -0600
  _____

From: BillDentin@aol.com [mailto:BillDentin@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:47 PM

Subject: Annual Stockholders Meeting @ ROAD AMERICA

Amici:

Yesterday I attended the annual stockholders meeting of ELKHART LAKE'S ROAD
AMERICA, INC.  I voted our 3 1/2 shares in favor of the slate of directors
nominated.  There were no nominations from the floor.  That slate was
elected, each of the nominees receiving at least 1,359 votes out of the
2,087 1/2 eligible votes.

The meeting was well attended, orderly and free of surprises.

The biggest thing we racers need to be aware of is the new SUZUKI pedestrian
bridge that we will encounter coming out of the carrousel prior to the Kink.
It is a long span duzzie, and will allow spectators to cross the track and
gain access to viewing areas heretofore available only to corner workers and
us racers.

Mario Andretti and Phil Hill will BOTH be present at the BRIC this year,
which will feature F1 and CAN AM cars.

The ALS Series weekend is the major Pro event this year, as the CHAMP cars
are not to be found on the schedule.  George Bruggenthies reports that
contact and negotiations remain cordial with the CHAMP series, and an
agreement certainly could be worked out, if they could find a major sponsor.
Probably impossible any more for 2005, but still a possibility for 2006.
There is also contact with IRL, but nothing definitive to report.  It was
interesting to hear George say that professional road racing is really
suffering at this time, and from ROAD AMERICA's ticket sale standpoint
VINTAGE is the major player now, followed by the motorcycles.

Carol Shelby will be at the JUNE SPRINTS.

While there was significant improvement over 2003, ROAD AMERICA was still
well in the RED for 2004, all tied directly to their past relationship with
CHAMP cars.  Chairman Laun made it clear getting back into the BLACK was the
company's top priority.

A new score board has been approved to replace the one on the barn which has
gone south in recent years.

This is ROAD AMERICA's 50th Anniversary year, with many special plans on
tap.  They have a really spiffy anniversary logo and a sharp Randy Owens
poster that will be available.

Stockholder attendees were invited to stay for dinner, but as it was St.
Patrick's Day, and my wife's maiden name is 'McCormick,' I figured I'd
better get right home in case she had any festivities planned.  The Irish
love to party, and they are very affectionate.

Bill

PS

I also had lunch with Shirley Murray and our bank's (NEB&T Bank of Elkhart
Lake) Marketing officer.  Shirley is hoping to get them to participate as at
least a partial sponsor for the 'downtown ELVF activities.  That went well.
Shirley came loaded for bear with opportunities for the bank's
participation.  We'll see what comes of that.