Re: Block Heaters

To: w.lists@verizon.net, bpazur@excel.net
Subject: Re: Block Heaters
From: Billd13@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:29:17 EDT
Many vintage organizations do not allow antifreeze due to its slipperiness
when spilled on the track and the difficulty of cleaning up the mess it makes.
Water wetter with a corrosion inhibitor and plain water will run cooler than a
50% antifreeze solution.

If you arrive at tech with antifreeze in the car at a VSCDA or SVRA event you
will not be allowed to go on the track until it has been replaced with water.

I have plain water, water wetter and corrosion inhibitor in my Boss 302
street car which is used as VSCDA's pace car. I can attest to its running about
25
degrees cooler than with 2 gallons of antifreeze. (about 45% solution). It
sits at 185 on a 09 plus degree day.

Bill Dalton,
VSCDA Chief of Tech